Wednesday, September 21, 2011

Text

From a college friend that I haven't seen in a long time. We were discussing attending our American Music Therapy Association national conference.

Me: I am going. I registered so I am committed and now doctors bills have come up,
but it should be fine. I have an understanding husband.

Friend: That's great to have a supportive husband... this must be so challenging
for you... you really are so strong!

Me: Ha, I don't feel like it, but thanks. But he amazes me at how he loves me in
sickness and health and doesn't make a big deal about the expenses of the treatment.
God knew what he was doing when he gave me Chad as a partner.

Friend: To keep living, keep working, not letting the headaches win... I think
that's strength. It sounds like you are truly blessed with Chad and that is amazing!

Me: You're right. It's a daily challenge but worth it for my well being. And maybe
I don't give myself enough credit for just keeping going, so thanks for the reminder :)

Friend: No problem! Sometimes we forget how strong we are/can be!

No comments:

Post a Comment